LAP Motorsports + MINI John Cooper Works
In the 1960s, racing legend John Cooper transformed a humble, classic Mini into a giant-slaying rally demon. MINI USA has partnered with LAP Motorsports and a team of internationally proven drivers to tackle the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge with the newest MINI John Cooper Works Hardtop 2 Door – the most powerful stock MINI ever built. The team is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Before LAP, Luis and business partner Rob Ridgely worked with racing teams all over North America and Europe with clients that included: ChampCar programs of Patrick Racing, Team Rahal, HVM, Herdez Competition and Minardi Team USA and series such as Formula Atlantic, Indy Lights, Superleague Formula, USF2000, Pro Mazda, Grand Am, ALMS, Ferrari Challenge, SCORE International, IMSA TUDOR United Sports Car Championship and IMSA Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge.
- 1st and 2nd COTA Round #1
- 1st COTA Round #2
- 2019 TC America Manufacturer’s Championship.
- 2nd COTA Round #1
- 2nd COTA Round #2
- 3rd VIR Round #3
- 2nd Sonoma Round #5
- 2nd Sonoma Round #6
- 2nd Portland Round #7
- 1st Portland Round #8
- 1st Watkins Glen Round #9
- 1st and 3rd Watkins Glen Round #10
- 3rd Road America Round #11
- 1st Road America Round #12
- 2nd ,3rd and 4th Las Vegas Round #13
- 1st and 2nd Las Vegas Round #14
- IMSA Street Tuner Manufacturers’ Champion
- 1st at Watkins Glen
- 1st and 2nd at Lime Rock
- 1st and 2nd at Mid Ohio
- 1st and 2nd at Sebring
- 1st at Daytona
- 1st & 2nd at Watkins Glen
- 3rd at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 2018 Sonora Rally Class Winner
- 2014 Baja 1000 Champion SCORE International Off-Road Team C Racing
- 2013 Grand Am GT Class Championship.
- 2008 Managing Spain based GTA Motors racing team.